The location for the workshops is depending on what is logistically favorable in terms of time, energy and investing. As an alternative we have a location at our Phazama Farm in Tsutsubega where the workshops also can take place.
‘Speak in such a way that others love to listen to you. Listen in such a way that others love to speak to you.’
On top of skills a manager needs to lead a team is communication, and that is not a cliché. If something is going wrong or results are not being achieved, most of the time it is due to lack of communication or miscommunication.
As a manager you need to understand that everybody has their own way of communicating. Most of the misunderstandings in communication come not from WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. What you say doesn’t always align with what you mean. Communication habits often don’t reflect our dynamic thoughts and emotions and/or give others the wrong impression of what you want to communicate. These habits affect the way others perceive and respond to you during interactions.
The use of social media is also not contributing to good communication, in fact it makes it more complex and disturbing.
Understanding what your way of communication is and knowing how your team members communicate gives you an advantage in achieving results, less conflicts and makes your life as a manager easier.
Is this you?
Are you managing an organization or a team and you:
- experience difficulty in delivering your message to others
- feel insecure when speaking out
- don’t get the response you would expect
- are working on developing stronger leadership characteristics
- want to communicate better because it is a key skill for managers
- keep on explaining what to do without the wanted result
and your employees keep on asking questions after you addressed the questions they had?
Then follow this workshop program with your team or colleagues!
In all our management workshops the link between theory and practice is central, allowing participants to apply what they have learned directly in their work. It is hands-on and we use cases from your own experience.
The participants create an action plan with learning topics they are going to address during their work. The action plan is a method to implement what they have learned during the workshops and to manage and monitor progress.
We advise to have a follow-up day a month after the workshops which can be done by the management of the participants or by the trainer. The action plan and the experience of the participants are input for the follow-up session. We will look at their progress, where help is needed and what kind of tools they need now to make their work more efficient.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AFTER THE WORKSHOP PROGRAM?
- are more effective in their communication
- can easily motivate others for new ideas, proposals and/or products
- can make requests without creating resistance
- can handle disappointment and criticism of others
- can deal with resistance from others
- manage expectations in an effective way
- can give feedback and receive feedback in a productive way
- understand the power of listening and asking the right questions
- working together becomes more exciting and it delivers better results
- relationships with clients, colleagues and at home change in a positive way
- the tolerance to other people will grow
Peter Henssen: I started my career in the army, and I found out that leadership came natural to me. After the army I have learnt more about leadership in the organizations I worked for and when I had my own company. I have studied, mastered, and developed leadership to my own benefit and to those who have crossed my path. I worked with many teams, put together many teams and trained teams.
I am specialised in working with managers to find their own way of managing in order to develop their professional leadership styles. It never fails to add value to themselves or their organisations.
Minimum of eight and a maximum of twelve.
The investment for the two-day workshop is BWP 25.800 (0% VAT) per group.
The total investment including a follow up day is BWP 38.700 (0% VAT) per group.
This includes materials and excludes food, beverages, translator if needed, travel and accommodation expenses.
All the workshops we offer can also be custom made. Ask us about the possibilities.