The location for the workshops is depending on what is logistically favorable in terms of time, energy and investing. As an alternative we have a location at our Phazama Farm in Tsutsubega where the workshops also can take place.
“If you really want to improve your situation, you can work on the one thing over which you have control: yourself.”
Are you now at a point in your life where you expected to be? Are you on your way to achieve where you wanted to be? Or is life happening to you? If you want to be in the lead of your life, then you need to understand the art of Self Seadership. With the knowledge, tools and attitude which comes with Self Leadership you determine how your life will be!
Self Leadership is your commitment to take the lead in your own life. In an empowered and responsible way, you take the opportunity to design, create, and achieve your ideal ways of living and leading. You do this in a positive and unselfish way. It is the practice of understanding who you are, identifying your desired experiences, and intentionally guiding yourself in a self-motivated way towards your desired life and continuously developing yourself.
Self Leadership will give you many advantages in your personal and professional life.
Is this you?
Self Leadership benefits everyone. From our own experience and by working and training many managers we know that Self Leadership is a must for everyone in a leading position. In our philosophy, you can only lead others successfully when you know how to lead yourself. The success as a leader is depending on how good you understand yourself. For example, how do you make decisions, what are your believes and do they help or constrain you? It is proven that leaders who know themselves are better leaders.
This training is for starting managers, supervisors, assistant managers, and any manager up to senior level.
You become great at managing and leading by getting the right education, by experience and by learning management skills. However, the biggest influence on how successful you are going to be, is your attitude and behavior. This is a given and it applies to your personal and professional life.
The duration of the workshop program depends on the number of topics you want to address. The minimum time-span is two days and can be extended to five, to go deeper into the topics. You will find below the standard topics we address but it is also possible to add themes of your own to customize the training.
Self-awareness is having a clear perception of your personality, including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions. Self-awareness allows you to understand other people, how they perceive you, your attitude, and your responses to them in the moment.
- You understand yourself better
- You have a better understanding of what affects your beliefs
- You know your strengths
- You improve your critical thinking skills
- You improve your decision-making
- You have better self-regulation
- You will be a better leader
When you are empowered, you have the knowledge, confidence, means, and the ability to do things or make decisions for yourself. You live your life to the fullest using your talents and gifts, doing what you love to do most, and you are able to express that without shame or fear.
- You know how to be pro-active
- You know how to take responsibility and ownership
If you find your direction in life and/or in your profession, it gives you focus, and it makes decision making easier. Knowing what you want to achieve gives motivation and joy. It also helps you to maintain where you are if you have arrived where you want to be.
- You understand the advantage of having a direction to work towards to
- You understand the different areas of life and how to manage them all
- You understand how to focus
- You make decisions in an effective way
Calling for action
Taking responsibility and knowing where to go is one thing but you have to do it. Planning and organizing is key to execute your goals.
- You can make a plan and turn that into actions
- You are able to focus on the things you want to achieve
- You know the difference between planning and organizing
To get to where you want to be and achieving your planed results you will need help. You can’t do it all by yourself. You need people around you with other talents, skills, and experience than you have. One of the key successes for working with others is trust and this is one of the topics you learn about.
- You understand how to create and maintain trust
- You know how to create win–win situations
- You are able to manage expectations
- You know what it takes to create a successful team
Self-care is the principle – and the process – that empowers you to move on an upward spiral of growth and change, of continuous improvement.
- Physical – exercise, nutrition, and stress management
- Spiritual – values, commitment, study, and meditation
- Mental – reading, visualizing, planning, and writing
- Social/emotional – service, empathy, synergy, and intrinsic security.
PERSONAL ACTION PLAN
During the training the participants create an action plan with learning topics they are going to address during their work. The action plan is a method to implement what they have learned during the workshops and to manage and monitor progress.
We advise to have a follow-up a month after the workshops which can be done by the management of the participants or by the trainer. The action plan and the experience of the participants are input for the follow-up. We will look at their progress, where help is needed and what kind of tools they need now to make their work more efficient.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AFTER THE WORKSHOP PROGRAM?
- You understand how to be in the lead of your life, personal and professional.
- You understand why personal leadership is fundamental for you as a manager and leader.
- You know how and why it is of importance to stay fit to perform at top level.
- You understand what influences your decision making.
- You understand your strong and weak points and how to improve them.
- You know what is needed to put together a great team.
- You understand what it takes to be responsible, pro-active and confident.
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT
The philosophy of Leadership2Impact Academy towards leadership and management is that you cannot manage people, you only can lead people. Management is a profession and as with every profession, it is not for everybody, and you always must keep up with your profession. The principle of our workshops, training programs, etc. are based on “Servant Leadership”. In the broadest sense, this means that a manager has a facilitating role.
The workshops are mainly based on experiential learning. This is the process of learning by doing. By engaging participants in hands-on experiences and reflection, they are better able to connect theories and knowledge learned in the workshop to real-world situations.
What participants gain from experiential learning is:
- A better understanding of the course material
- A broader view of the world and an appreciation of the community around them
- Insight into their own skills, interests, passions, and values
- Positive professional practices and skill sets
- Self-confidence and leadership skills
Peter Henssen: I started my career in the army, and I found out that leadership came natural to me. After the army I have learnt more about leadership in the organizations I worked for and when I had my own company. I have studied, mastered, and developed leadership to my own benefit and to those who have crossed my path. I worked with many teams, put together many teams and trained teams.
I am specialised in working with managers to find their own way of managing in order to develop their professional leadership styles. It never fails to add value to themselves or their organisations.
The training is intensive and interactive, to give everyone the attention they deserve the minimum is six participants and a maximum of twelve participants.
Most workshops are custom made and the investment is depending on the duration of the workshop program, the kind of topics and if the follow-up day is included. After we agree on what the content of the workshop program will be, and when the expectations are clear we make a proposal which includes the investment. The minimum number of days is two and we start always with Awareness, which is key to Self Leadership.
As an indication the investment for a two-day workshop is BWP 30.900 (0% VAT) per group (max 12 participants).
Workbooks are BWP 175, – per participant.
The investment for a follow-up day is BWP 13.080 (0% VAT) per group.
This excludes food, beverages, translator if needed, venue travel and accommodation expenses (if applicable).