The location for the workshops is depending on what is logistically favorable in terms of time, energy and investing. As an alternative we have a location at our Phazama Farm in Tsutsubega where the workshops also can take place.
A manager’s job is not to do the work for others, it is to help others figure out how to do it for themselves, to get things done and to succeed beyond what they thought was possible.
It is well known that the motivation, quality, and loyalty of employees is highly depending on the way they are lead. As the design of an organization structure is important to support the services of the organization, the organization is only as good as the employees are.
You learn in practice how to manage and you get experienced by doing and learning. However, to get started, some fundamentals of management and leadership will make the start easier.
In all our management workshops the link between theory and practice is central, allowing participants to apply what they have learned directly in their work.
Is this you?
Are you managing an organization and do you have managers that are starting in management positions for the first time in their lives? Or do you have managers that want to start and willing to develop their management skills?
Then this workshop is for your managers!
The duration of the workshop program depends on the number of topics you want to address. The minimum duration is two days and there is a maximum of five days. You will find below the topics we can address but it is also possible to add topics of your own.
Your starting point as a manager
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Your organization: mission, vision, and core values. What does this mean to you?
Your new position
- What has changed for you and how to handle this
- You and your organization
- You and your team
What do you want to achieve as a manager now and in the future?
- Delegate, coach, holding hands
- In which direction are you going?
- What do you need to achieve your goals?
Your style as a leader
- What kind of behavior fits a great manager?
- What is your leadership style?
- What kind of leadership demands your team and your manager?
The best conversation
- Do you master the power of good listening?
- Do you master the power of asking the right questions?
- From feedback to feedforward
You can’t manage time
- A good preparation is half of the work
- How to plan and organize
What if it gets difficult?
- How to handle resistance
- Different cultures
- How to take care of yourself
PERSONAL ACTION PLAN
The participants create an action plan with learning topics they are going to address during their work. The action plan is a method to implement what they have learned during the workshops and to manage and monitor progress.
We advise to have a follow-up day a month after the workshops which can be done by the management of the participants or by the trainer. The action plan and the experience of the participants are input for the follow-up session. We will look at their progress, where help is needed and what kind of tools they need now to make their work more efficient.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AFTER THE WORKSHOP PROGRAM?
Depending on the topics and duration of the workshop program, these are the results you can expect from the participants:
- they know what their strengths are and how to use them in their job
- they know their role and position in the organization and which responsibilities this involves
- they have the right skills to connect with their team
- they give their team direction
- they know their style of leadership
- they know the goals they want to achieve with their team
- they reflect on their own behavior and actions
- they have improved their leadership qualities
- they have an action plan with topics to put into practice
Peter Henssen: I started my career in the army, and I found out that leadership came natural to me. After the army I have learnt more about leadership in the organizations I worked for and when I had my own company. I have studied, mastered, and developed leadership to my own benefit and to those who have crossed my path. I worked with many teams, put together many teams and trained teams.
I am specialised in working with managers to find their own way of managing in order to develop their professional leadership styles. It never fails to add value to themselves or their organisations.
Minimum of eight and a maximum of twelve.
Most workshops are custom made and the investment is depending on the duration of the workshop program, the kind of topics and if the follow-up day is included. After we agree on what the content of the workshop program will be, and when the expectations are clear we make a proposal which includes the investment.
As an indication the investment for a two-day workshop with a follow-up session is BWP 38.700 per group.
This includes materials and excludes food, beverages, translator if needed, travel and accommodation expenses.